Over the years, as the skin ages, the effects of heredity and prolonged sun exposure start to show in the forms of lines, wrinkles, spots, and discoloration. Laser skin resurfacing is an increasingly popular non-surgical treatment that helps improve the appearance of facial skin by resurfacing wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes, minor scars or other skin injuries.
At Miami Skin Dr., patients can feel confidence that all procedures are performed safely by highly skilled surgeons with proven experience. As a well-established and trusted multi-specialty cosmetic clinic, we use the 1540 NON-ABLATIVE fractional laser to offer a non-ablative treatment that gets good results with minimal discomfort and downtime. Just like other skin therapy techniques, laser skin resurfacing encourages the growth of new, youthful skin by removing the outermost layers. It is a common treatment for individuals suffering from superficial skin conditions caused by aging and its associated skin effects.
How Does Skin Resurfacing Work?
The 1540 NON-ABLATIVE fractional laser uses the newest and most advanced fractional radio-frequency technology to deliver small micro-columns that penetrate the skin deep into the dermis, to stimulate collagen remodeling while keeping surrounding tissue intact for maximum healing with little to no downtime. Before treatment, your surgeon may recommend the use of certain creams to moisturize your skin to help minimize side effects and facilitate healing. He/she then uses the laser to send short, concentrated beams of light at the irregular skin surface to remove the problematic layers of the skin. The procedure, therefore, targets the smaller areas of the skin where damage has occurred, leaving the surrounding skin undisturbed and better able to participate in the healing process. Damaged skin is replaced by new skin cells within days so that patients can achieve desired results with minimal discomfort and downtime. Since the procedure uses fractionated light, the treatments are safer and produce consistent results.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Benefits
- Acne scars – Laser skin surfacing can be used to get rid of acne scars by eliminating the damaged layers of the skin using laser energy to expose new skin cells.
- Melasma (facial pigmentation/pregnancy mask) - Melasma is a skin condition that causes brown to gray-brown patches to appear on the face. Our non-ablative laser can be used to treat melasma to help the patient achieve an even and healthier looking skin.
- Lip lines (smoker's lines) – Fractionated perioral (around the mouth) laser resurfacing is an effective way of smoothing out the more resistant smoker's lines that contribute to an aged facial appearance.
- Surgical scars - With a laser skin therapy, scars can be lessened significantly and possibly erased.
- Keloids - Thankfully, our laser skin resurfacing treatment can minimize the appearance of keloid scars with minimal downtime.
- Stretch marks - While there are many topical solutions made available over the counter, the best treatment is often the use of a non-ablative fractional laser.
- Wrinkle Reduction (crows feet) – Our treatment helps erase fine lines and wrinkles on the face. It is especially suitable for deep wrinkles, especially in delicate, sensitive areas around the eyes and lips.
- Skin resurfacing - The treatment can improve your skin by helping to reveal a smoother and firmer skin texture.
Opting for laser skin resurfacing at Miami Skin Dr. has a number of benefits, but undoubtedly the greatest of all is the ability to re-texturize your overall skin texture and tone. If you are looking to find out how laser skin resurfacing can assist you in achieving a younger, healthier and more vibrant appearance, please contact us at 305-735-9474 to schedule your consultation.